Views
Helpful
Replies

Activating License on 1921

kuldeep.kaur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

FYI last month I was activating licenses on Unity and ran in problems. When I was entering the PAK information the website was asking for Device UDI and Device serial number. I done a show license UDI and got the following information from the router:

Devices UDI: Cisco2921/FGL1234567

Serial No. FGL1234567

I entered the above info in the website and got the license. But when I try to install it on the device it say something wrong with the file. I assume in Device UDI field I just need to input the serial number FGL1234567 and not the full string Cisco2921/FGL1234567. Opened a case with cisco and they generated a new file with me.

Now my problem is I need to install a security feature license on 1921 router. This router does not have any smartnet on it so don't want to make any mistakes. When I log on to the licenses page on cisco, entered my PAK key and then in Device UDI and Serial No. field, I am putting in serial number of the device and it is giving me an error. Can't remember the error but looks like it does not like the serial number in Device UDI field.

Could you guys please let me know what should I enter in Device UDI field i.e. serial number FGL 1234567 or the full string for example Cisco1921/FGL1234567

Thanks Guys

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I normally take the output of "show inventory" to answer the licence questions.

After looking at "show inventory", the answers might be CISCO2921/K9 and FGL1234567.

View solution in original post

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

enter the UDI product ID (PID) and UDI serial number separately on the license portal.

see sample below and helpful link:

Router#show license udi
Device#   PID                       SN                     UDI
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*0        CISCO2911/K9          FGL18091xxx     CISCO2911/K9:FGL18091xxx

http://wannabelab.blogspot.com2014/12/cisco-e-license-pak-registration.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I normally take the output of "show inventory" to answer the licence questions.

After looking at "show inventory", the answers might be CISCO2921/K9 and FGL1234567.

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

enter the UDI product ID (PID) and UDI serial number separately on the license portal.

see sample below and helpful link:

Router#show license udi
Device#   PID                       SN                     UDI
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*0        CISCO2911/K9          FGL18091xxx     CISCO2911/K9:FGL18091xxx

http://wannabelab.blogspot.com2014/12/cisco-e-license-pak-registration.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco