cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL 827H router losing access to internet overnight

Salongecr
Level 1
Level 1

We are using a ADSL 827h in one of our sites.  This router has worked fine until a month ago.  Users are losing access to the internet overnight.  The VPN tunnel stays connected, users are unable to get to any outside websites, i.e. Yahoo, google.  We unplug the router and it comes back fine; until the next time.

Please any information or assistance I can get will be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

rstanisl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Salonge,

You will need to do some troubleshooting to isolate the issue.

To verify if the issue is DNS or nat related, when the customer are not able to get to google, are you able to ping the google ip address from the router?

IF the ppp connections is good and you are able to ping from the router outside then it could be a DNS issue or nating.

IF you are not able to ping outside from the router at the time then we will need to look at the pppoe connection and verify that is up and working.

reloading the router is resetting the connection and if that is working, it means re-establishing the connection clear the issue.

If you can isolate the problem to see if the issue on the router going out or from the pc going out that will help us verify it.

Next step would be to enable some debugs on the router and check the status of the connections.

I would advise open a TAC case with us and we can help you resolve the issue.

hope the info helps.

thank you

Raymond

Thank you for your response. I resolved this issue by replacing the router.

Salonge Crenshaw

IT Administrator

Central Virginia Health Services

25892 James Madison Hwy

New Canton, VA 23123

434-581-3271 ext. 3555 - office

804-252-4329 - cell

salongecrenshaw@cvhsinc.org

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card