Views
Helpful
Replies

advertise network redistribute single host

jmecklenburg
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I have a the follow topology one router with VRF 1:1 advertising to me a networks from RIP and for other VRF 1:3 with OSPF. and import/export network without problem

but I need know a network for RIP then redistrubute just a single host in to OSPF.

I try with route-map and prefix list but the configuration doesn't work.

Any idea.

fixie rider
5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are things about your situation that are not clear to me. But one thing is clear: if you want to redistribute just a single host to OSPF then you must have a host specific route to advertise.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I know several network from RIP in the VRF1:1 but I want redistribute just a few host from the RIP in to OSPF in other VRF.

The router B must know only host, not network.

Thanks

fixie rider

Hello jmecklenburg,

as explained by Richard routing protocols and also import /export between VRFs work on existing prefixes.

By looking at the network diagram you can export using an export-map the whole prefix 192.168.100.0/24 from VRF 1:1 to VRF 1:3 but not specific host routes.

You would need /32 static routes and then to redistibute these static route in MP BGP address-family ipv4 vrf 1:1.

The static routes should point to the correct outgoing interface to avoid to create routing issues within VRF 1:1

So you would need something like

ip route vrf 1:1 192.168.100.100 255.255.255.255 192.168.100.1

! here I suppose that 192.168.100.1 is the  IP address in VRF 1:1 and that 192.168.100.0/24 is connected

router bgp <your ASN>

address-family ipv4 vrf 1:1

no auto-summary

redistribute rip

redistribute static

!

and under vrf 1:1 definition you should invoke an appropriate route-map

ip prefix-list HOST-ROUTES seq 5 permit 192.168.100.100/32

! other lines for other host routes

route-map EXPORT-HOST-ROUTES permit 10

match address prefix-list   HOST-ROUTES

set route target  1:3

!

vrf 1:1

export map EXPORT-HOST-ROUTES.

However, I would advertise the whole 192.168.100.0/24 it is a cleaner design.

Because the host static routes can create connectivity problems within the vrf 1:! routing context.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks Giuseppe

I know the process to import/export routing the problem using static routing for the redistribution is when the connection to WAN fail in the OSPF the routing still redistribute and the router B still knowing the host by OSPF until the WAN is down.

Regards!

fixie rider

Never done this but maybe use IP SLA with the static routes as long as your IOS supports the vrf keyword for IP SLA.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card