cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advertise sub-interfaces via EIGRP?

jorge75medina
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to advertise two sub-interfaces ip networks via eigrp. Is this possible?

5 Replies 5

Hello

Yes it possible, using the network command under the eigrp stanza should allow them to be advertised, that is unless you have filtering applied.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I have tried that and I am having trouble still. It is a very simple topology on GNS3 and Packet tracer with two routers only, directly connected on a 10.0.0.0/30 interfaces, and two sub-interfaces with a 15.0.0.0/24 ip's. I have tried the "redistribute connected"  and "no auto-summary" options via EIGRP with no success. I tried it with loopback interfaces and it works just fine. EIGRP network statements are as follows: Router EIGRP 100>network 10.0.0.0 and network 15.0.0.0.

Should work fine. 

Post a "sh ip int br" and a "sh ip ro" from your routers. 

Jon

By the way the two sub-interfaces are on a different physical interface. For example, Gi0/0 ip address is 10.0.0.1/30 on R1 and the subinteraces is: Gi0/1 no shut, the Gi0/1.200, encapsulation dot1q, ip address 15.0.0.1/24. VLAN 200 is for the MGMT Network.

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As long as you match the corresponding IP subnet with your "network" statement, yes.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card