Views
Helpful
Replies

Allocate CPU to certain processes?

aweise
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is there a way to allocate CPU or memory resources to specific processes - similar to a QoS-style configuration where you can prioritize the processes being handled by the CPU? We have a 2811 router whose CPU periodically spikes to 100% utilization. At these times, all of our EIGRP neighbor adjacencies bounce - either a peer goodbye is received or the hold time expires.

Our thinking is that we could possibly tell the router to prioritize the EIGRP process with the CPU so that routing is maintained, even though we realize other processes (like qos or ISAKMP for our tunnels) may suffer.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

evergreenajay
Level 1
Level 1

i dont know about the how to allocate the CPU for the perticular processes. I beleive there is bug you shuld open the TAC case...

Thanks...I do have a TAC case open already for the EIGRP neighbor bounces. I've asked them, but they don't believe you can do that on this platform. My colleague has told me we've done this on a 3750 switch, so I wanted to see if it was possible on a 2800 series router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card