cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allowing domain traffic to pass across point to point

sbohannan
Level 1
Level 1

i have a remote office that has a point to point between it and my companys main office. My problem seems to be that no domain traffic is passing from the remote end of the point to point to my main office network. example - i have set a user to change there log in password and there computer never prompts the user to change the password.

I have attached a copy of my routers config, please let me know if anything else needs to be posted.

Thank you

Shane

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Routers have no role in that.

You need to make sure that all PCs are known and part of the MS domain with the appropriate Windows configuration.

after making that post i started doing some digging around on the internet and found what i think to be my problem.

About a year or so ago an ASA 5510 was installed and from the way that i remember during the setup of that device all traffic from my remote office was going to the firewall and the old firewall was routing it to the correct server/servers. Once the ASA was installed a NAT route was put on the ASA to correct this problem. Any traffic from the remote office back to the main office comes from there side as 10.1.x.x the firewall nats that traffic back to a 172.16.x.x.

With that explained is there any way to change the routes on both ends of the point to point and make them point to my DNS server?

I have attached a copy of both ends of the point to point ip route.

Shane

Do you really need a firewall to the remote office? If you can route around it just for a test you would be able to determine if it is a network issue after all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card