cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1562i Outdoor Point-to-Point Bridging

kathyvitaris
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings.  We recently purchased AP 1562i Bridges to replace our AP1532i Autonomous Bridges that are currently in Point-to-Point Bridging and have issues with a bug CSCvk68674 Consecutive tx fail 500+: deauth xxxx.yyyy.zzzz and lose connectivity.  Upgrading their software to latest did not help.

Yesterday we mounted the new 1562i Bridges and immediately had excellent connectivity but only for the management VLAN which allowed me to access remote Switch but did not allow vlan traffic for Staff or Students.

So my question is how to configured these LWAP Bridges to allow VLAN traffic across the link?

5 Replies 5

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Kathy,

the new AP 1562 would require a wireless controller to manage it and user traffic would travel within CAPWAP tunnels (an UDP encapsulation between AP address and WLC address).

With old autonomous AP you could simply configure them and have a L2 trunk for connecting to wired infrastructure.

In the past there was a procedure to change a LWAP to autonomous AP requiring a change in image.

I don't know if this option is still possible.

It is likely you need a WLC starting with 2500 series.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank you for quick response.  I should have mentioned we have WLC 2504 that these new 1562i Bridges connect to.  They are replacing our 2 Autonomous Bridges.  It is within the WLC that I cannot find how to pass VLAN traffic across link as the Autonomous Bridges do.

We have already connected the 2 new LWAP Bridges (and they joined WLC)  in Point to Point Bridge Mode and they would not pass staff or voip traffic, only management traffic.

Pls refer "Configure Ethernet Bridge" section of below document

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/mesh/8-5/b_mesh_85/Connecting_the_Cisco_1500_Series_Mesh_Access_Points_to_the___.html

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thanks Rasika,

I agree that the link is what the original poster is looking for.

Rated as deserved

Best Regards

Giuseppe

You are welcome Giuseppe.

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card