Views
Helpful
Replies

Applicaton port base routing over Dual MPLS Cloud active-active Mode

GirishUjal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am working on migrating my P2P network to MPLS with dual Service provider.
Each location will have dual router connecting each Service Provider in active-active state,
I am looking for solution where I can route traffic base on Application port. ex all TCP/80 traffic route via SP1 and all other traffic Route via SP2 also need to consider case when one SP link fails other traffic can be route via available provider

Attached sample diagram

4 Replies 4

Hello

BGP path attribute manipulation would be the possible choice for the initial path preference using as-path pre-pending on advertised local prefixes towards your ISP's and local preference for advertised ingress traffic towards your rtrs.

Then for the specific routing based of application ports  maybe Policy Based Routing (PBR) would be applicable

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul,

I was aware of PBR, but mail challenge I see is link failure scenario, can you please help me to provide with sample configuration, by which I can achieve required result.. Thanks

Hello,

on a side note, with regard to the PBR, as long as you have a second 'empty' statement, in case the primary route fails, the traffic will use whatever is in the RIB:

access-list 101 permit ip any any

!

route-map PBR permit 10

match ip address 101

set ip next-hop 10.10.10.1

!

route-map PBR permit 20

So, when 10.10.10.1 is down, it will take the path that is left...

Hi,

I want to add something on this topic. I hope it will help to understand the PBR failover. 

If I will configure the PBR with failover case then will choose the verify-availability clause with IP SLA and track to achieve failover. It will give me more failover options as a direct or indirect link or host fail.

route-map Test_failover permit 10

match ip address 90

set ip next-hop verify-availability X.X.X.X 1 track 1

The route map is used for PBR and the match statement is just standard match entries in an access list. The set next-hop statement includes the verify-availability clause. It will verify-availability uses track 1 to track the availability of the next hop address and if the next hop address is not available then PBR is bypassed and a normal routing decision is used.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco