cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5525 and FirePOWER 1010 NGFW Interoperability

artdeguzman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  we currently have Cisco ASA 5525 running software version 9.6(4)36 in Site A.  We need to replace the existing Cisco ASA 5505 in Site B that's connected via S2S VPN. With FirePOWER 1010 NGFW, can I still connect Site A to Site B via S2S VPN?  Thank you.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not see any issue it is durable, since 5505 ends of life, you need to replace it with FP1010 at some point in time.

you can use the migration tool or you can manually configure and do cutover in the maintenance window.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB,  Thank you for the prompt response.  But just an fyi,   the FP1010 migration tool does not support 5505 as per the datasheet.

Maybe I was not clear before that i meant ASA to FP upgrade tool can be used, But I understand if you running old CODE maybe not possible

if the ASA running old code, i replicate the same with firepower and it gives the ability for you also learn the new menu of Firepower - before you put them live.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

the site to site VPN configuration between a 5525 and a 5505, and a 5525 and a FirePOWER 1010 NGFW is pretty much identical. That said, are you running a version higher than 8.3 on the 5505 ?

artdeguzman
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the info.  The 5505 is running 8.2(5).  I hope I don't run into any issues with the version.

Hello,

the 5505 will be replaced, right ? With the 1010 ? The configuration for the 1010 is the same as for the 5525, so you don't have to worry about the 'old' 5505 code anyway...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card