Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Nat to different public IP

jkay18041
Level 3
Level 3

Hello

I have an ASA 5520 that I am trying to add an object for nat that uses a different public IP.

G0/0 outside interface with public IP (50.50.50.1)

G0/1 inside interface with private ip (10.15.2.251)

G0/2 inside interface 2 with private ip (10.250.1.251)

I'm able to get nat to work on both G0/1 and G0/2. However on G0/2 I'd like to use a different public IP address. I've created a new object and gave it a public IP and then created a NAT rule for it, but can't get it to work. When I enable that NAT rule I can ping the firewall but NAT is broken.

Any suggestions or any examples of a working config like this?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

• You can only define a single NAT rule for a given object; if you want to configure multiple NAT rules for an object, you need to create multiple objects with different names that specify the same IP address, for example, object network obj-10.10.10.1-01, object network obj-10.10.10.1-02, and so on.
  • If you change the NAT configuration, and you do not want to wait for existing translations to time out before the new NAT configuration is used, you can clear the translation table using the clear xlate command. However, clearing the translation table disconnects all current connections that use translations.

Can you post the configruation and post the version of the Code ASA running.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI,

I am not sure what is the version of your ASA and current configuration. But I am sharing an idea-

global (outside) 1 <Public IP Address>

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

• You can only define a single NAT rule for a given object; if you want to configure multiple NAT rules for an object, you need to create multiple objects with different names that specify the same IP address, for example, object network obj-10.10.10.1-01, object network obj-10.10.10.1-02, and so on.
  • If you change the NAT configuration, and you do not want to wait for existing translations to time out before the new NAT configuration is used, you can clear the translation table using the clear xlate command. However, clearing the translation table disconnects all current connections that use translations.

Can you post the configruation and post the version of the Code ASA running.

BB

I will post the config on Monday when I'm back at work.

I think I have 2 nat rules one that's for 10.250.1.0/24 and one that's 0.0.0.0/0

So I should make 2 rules?

10.250.1.0/24

and

10.15.2.0/24 

yes test and let us know.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card