Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Routing based on FQDN and TCP (UDP) ports

Jon Eyes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We need to accomplish a routing behavior wherein ASA will route a particular traffic based on FQDN and/or the service (tcp, udp) its using to reach the FQDN. I have attached a diagram for reference. If this is not supported under ASA (alone), what solution do i need to accomplish this? Any ramifications on terms of routing if do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not so sure about the FQDN part but forwarding based on port numbers is achieved using Policy Based Routing and Cisco does support PBR on ASA with sufficiently recent OS.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not so sure about the FQDN part but forwarding based on port numbers is achieved using Policy Based Routing and Cisco does support PBR on ASA with sufficiently recent OS.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the idea. It's working

here's the config applied

access-l ROUTETHIS  ext per tcp host THEHOSTS obj  FQDN eq 22

access-l ROUTETHIS  ext per tcp host THEHOSTS obj  FQDN eq 21

route-map ROUTETHIS per 10

match ip add ROUTETHIS

set ip next-hop ISP2_GW 

int INSIDE

policy-route route-map ROUTETHIS

Thanks,

Jon

Jon

I am glad that my suggestion was helpful. Thank you for using the rating system to mark this question as answered. That will help other readers in the forum to identify discussions which have helpful information. And since you included what you did to configure PBR it will be especially helpful. +5 to you.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card