Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1000 and 4-byte Autonomous System Number

Hello,

I'm looking for an edge router with GE interfaces, full routing table and 4-byte ASN support.

This router will receive full BGP feeds from a couple of transit providers, and some small feeds from peering ISPs (10? 20? 30? don't know!); other required features are ACL, NetFlow, IPv6. It will have a 1GE link toward the core.

I identified the ASR 1000 series, but I would like to hear your opinion about the best model and, primarily, I would like to be sure they support 4-byte ASN.

Cisco Feature Navigator does not include 4-byte ASN support neither for RP1 nor for RP2. Another document [1] says this feature is included in rel. 3, but I could not find this release anywhere.

Supposing 4-Byte ASN are supported, can you see any reason I should chose ASR 1002 ESP5 instead of ASR 1002-F (fixed) - apart from SPA slots and higher throughput?

Many thanks

[1] Cisco IOS BGP 4-Byte ASN Support

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6554/ps6599/data_sheet_C78-521821.html

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

RLS 3 is 12.2(33)XNC.

The platform choice depends on your expected growth in terms of Bw, ports,... Also you need to define your level of redudancy.

Your local Cisco account team is better positionned to discuss this subject with you.

HTH

Laurent.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Yes, XNC supports BGP 4B-ASN

HTH

Laurent.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

RLS 3 is 12.2(33)XNC.

The platform choice depends on your expected growth in terms of Bw, ports,... Also you need to define your level of redudancy.

Your local Cisco account team is better positionned to discuss this subject with you.

HTH

Laurent.

Hi Laurent,

thanks for your answer.

Do you know if that IOS release supports 4-byte ASN? I can't find it on Cisco Feature Navigator.

Thanks in advance,

Pier Carlo

Hi,

Yes, XNC supports BGP 4B-ASN

HTH

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: