cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1001 Series router unable to copy from tftp server

raja d
Level 1
Level 1

I have a license fle to be copied from remote  TFTP server at  point A  to the ASR router at Point B

im facing difficulties in copying license file to the remote tftp server(point A) to the ASR router 1001(Point B) . im having the error as timeout . But i am able to copy to another cisco 3600 router which is in the same IP &  subnet of the ASR router  and in the same location (Point B) .

im sure the windows firewall is off since im able to copy  the file to another router in the same point B and there is no firewall or acl in between these two points .

i gave the command copy tftp: bootflash:

can any one tell me if there is anything that has to do with the asr router

12 Replies 12

I  already read this but im sure this is done in through management interface in the router directly connecting the tftp server which in my case im doing it from remote .

Hi Raja d,

Use the following command and then  try to upload Os into asr

ip tftp source-interface (interface name where TFTP server is connected )

thanks

Ashish shirkar

Thanks all, this article helped me. "ip tftp source-interface" made it work. 

Thank you

This worked

Hi ,

Additionally please check the below link for your reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr1000/configuration/guide/chassis/issu.html

if you r copying  a file using TFTP through the Management Ethernet interface, the

ip tftp source-interface command must be entered before entering the

copy tftp command

Thanks and regards,

Ashish Shirkar

Helo Raja,

I have faced same issue, just execute these command:

ip ftp user (user name )

ip ftp passwor ( password)

i hope it will work,

Regards,

Ahmed

ahmed hilmy let me try the commands and revert to you thanks for the idea

Hi Ashish the thing is im not connecting the tftp server  directly in the router im doing int remotely ,  can u assist me further

Thank you Ashish, I had the same issue and this fixed it. I guess by default the tftp source interface is the management. I had to change it to the uplink interface.

zelazknee
Level 1
Level 1

A little off subject but im sure someone will find this useful in future searches.  If you are tying to ftp to the ASR you need to disable ip ftp passive!!!!!!!!

NO IP FTP PASSIVE

that command resolved the issue I had. When I was trying to copy ios from laptop to directly connected  ASR1K using mgmt port.
FTP succesfull, entered passive mode and end of stroy  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card