cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1001-x 20Gb/s licensing

George-Sl
Level 1
Level 1

This is so complicated for me to understand, if I have 2x10gig port channel as an inside and 2x10gig port channels as an outside?

on the peak hours close to 20 gig is coming on my inside port channel and 20 gigs are going out of the outside interface at the same time,

what type of a throughput_20g license should I buy?

throughput_20g with count of 4 interface or 2 interfaces or throughput_10g with count of 4 interface? vendor didn't know the answer sorry..

StoreIndex: 11  Feature: throughput_20g               

License Type: EvalRightToUse

License State: Active, In Use

Evaluation total period: 4  weeks 0  days

Evaluation period left: 4  weeks 0  day 

Period used: 

Transition date: Dec 

License Count: Non-Counted

License Priority: Low

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George-Sl
Level 1
Level 1

Throughput licenses are honored based, so no purchase required as of Now.

However you still need to purchase every 10G port you are going to use, e.g. on 1002 HX first 4 ports comes with the device purchase, but anything after that requires a license

image.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your traffic flow 20G that is real then you need 20G License.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

but what about the port count?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr1000/install/guide/1001-x/asr1hig-book/router_license_verify.html#con_1062130

Table 5 show license all Command Output Description
Field Name

Description

License Count: 0/0 (In-use/Violation)

No 10-GE ports in use for the evaluation license.

License Count: 2/0 (In-use/Violation)

Two 10-GE ports in use for the evaluation license (a EULA was accepted for each prior to use).

10-GE Interface Evaluation License Features

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My understanding is, the license covers the total aggregate of bandwidth crossing the backplane.  I.e. use the sum of all your interfaces' ingress bandwidth.

Ah and oh.

I thought you were dealing with a performance type license, similar to what's found on the ISR 4K series.  (Sorry, it has been a while since I had to deal with ASR 10g licenses - I forgot they had them for 10g ports.)

What you're really asking about is 10g port licenses.  For those, my understanding is you need one for each 10g port you wish to use.

As to what your reference is saying, my understanding of that is if you have just an active 10g evaluation license, both 10g ports will be usable, whereas a 10g permanent license is per port.  Further, if you were running an active 10g evaluation license and you activate a (single) 10g port license, you'll lose the other port, as the permanent license overrides the evaluation license.

George-Sl
Level 1
Level 1

Throughput licenses are honored based, so no purchase required as of Now.

However you still need to purchase every 10G port you are going to use, e.g. on 1002 HX first 4 ports comes with the device purchase, but anything after that requires a license

image.png

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card