Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1001 x SFP-GE-T speed

rleao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody,

I´m making a proposal for a costumer where he needs connect one ASR 1001 with other ASR1001 via UTP cable.  The speed will be 100 Mbps at this moment.   Can I use the SFP-GE-T tranceiver for a 10/100/1000 Mbps connection ?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

JohnTylerPearce
Level 7
Level 7

rleao,

This should be a problem.

I know the ASR1001 comes with a fixed 2.5 Gbps ESP.

Cisco ASR 1001 and ASR 1002-X Routers come with a nonmodular, fixed ESP with throughput of 2.5 Gbps (for ASR 1001)

So as long as you don't make out the ESP module, with other ports you should be fine.

Jonhy,

But hte ASR 1001 has 4 SFP built-in GE ports, is correct ?  Could these ports use SFP-GE-T with speed 10/100/1000 Mbps ?

Regards,

The following are supported by the CIsco ASR 1000 sries.

SFP-GE-T

SFP-GE-S
SFP-GE-L
SFP-GE-Z
CWDM SFP
DWDM SFP

GLC-BX-D
GLC-BX-U

GLC-SX-MMD
GLC-LH-SMD
GLC-ZX-SMD

This link may help you out

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html#wp131775

Thank you !

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I believe the copper SFP supports 10/100/1000.

Johny,

we have similar problem with speed rate on SFPes in built-in GE ports of ASR1001.  We also believe the copper SFP supports 10/100/1000 Mbps.

Could you please explain to me what is difference between Cisco SFP-GE-T and Cisco DS-SFP-GE-T?  I would like to ask you for explanation of this difference.

Both SFP modules are working in built-in GE ports of ASR1001, however, DS-SFP-GE-T accepts the speed command for setting 100Mbps speed rate but SFP-GE-T not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card