cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1002 LSMPI_IO @ 99.98% constant usage---meaning, concern?

DOUG REISS
Level 1
Level 1

Our ASR 1002s, running Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software (PPC_LINUX_IOSD-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(33)XNF2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) are showing Memory Utilization in CiscoWorks 4.0.1 of: 

Instance Name Min (%) Avg (%) Max (%) Graph
1.lsmpi_io99.9899.9899.98

(graph omitted-----flatlined @ 100% constantly)

While increased documentation about this usage is available, I still cannot find clear information if this is a problem or not.  Thanks for any link, reference, or information you can provide.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gephelps
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is normal behavior for the ASR1000 due to the architecture.

This pool is unique to IOSd and is a shared memory region between the Linux kernel and the IOSd process. On most platforms running IOS the buffers in the show buffers output are allocated from the I/O pool and can grow dynamically. On the ASR1000 most of the buffers are allocated from the processor pool. This same information is in CSCso50946 and https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16425

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gephelps
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is normal behavior for the ASR1000 due to the architecture.

This pool is unique to IOSd and is a shared memory region between the Linux kernel and the IOSd process. On most platforms running IOS the buffers in the show buffers output are allocated from the I/O pool and can grow dynamically. On the ASR1000 most of the buffers are allocated from the processor pool. This same information is in CSCso50946 and https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16425

DOUG REISS
Level 1
Level 1

Wish I had been notified of this reply.  Did not have the opportunity to "explore" until now, and this is really robbing time from some exteremely pressing other work!  Have to remember to turn on e-mail, if I didn't!  thanks George!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card