Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 9K IP-SLA Track config

ctaymez
Level 1
Level 1

Hİ,

Anyone knows how to config ASR 9K to do IP-SLA and Track config as we do in regular IOS. Somehow I am unable to get track command after static route. I believe there should be a way to get it done.

I use this config for WAN redundancy scenarios.

here is an example from a 7600 router.

ip sla 1
icmp-echo 10.1.1.1

ip sla schedule 1 start-time now

track 1 rtr 1 reachability

ip route 10.100.100.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 track 1

11 Replies 11

Checked it out, still could not find a way to remove 10.100.100.0 from routing table when router can not ping 10.1.1.1.

can you try this;

ip route 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.255 serial0/0

hth

Muammmer

dont understand how this is going to help me, i guess using an interface got you confused. I updated the question.

Hi,

You can check a line’s status via ip sla configuration and if there is a problem (for example downing of the line, packet loss… etc.) you provide that the traffic can flow over the other line. Meanwhile you continue to check the status of the first line and when the problem is solved you provide to return to the old status again. you can do this simply by pinging an ip adres by using the first line, here is a static route for this as mentioned below.

ip route 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.255 serial0/0

hth

Muammer

Thank you for the info I am actually well aware of.

Checking line stat is not an option for ME and GHSDSL and some LL running FR. As you would probably know even the circuit is broken somewhere the int will not go down so if I use a static route I have a bad redundancy scenario.

And the other thing is I need to do is on ASR 9K running Cisco IOS XR not regular IOS…

I have done some search already and checked the pdf Smitesh suggested and no answer yet.

Hi,

Alternately you can use EEM which tracks the IP SLA / TRACK and depending upon its reachability it removes/add the configuration from the running-config.

HTH,

Smitesh

Hi,

do you know if it is possible (ASR 9K v4.2.3) to tear down an L2 interafce by trackink another L2 interface?

regrads

ercintorun
Level 1
Level 1

i am writing a  script to remove or add the configuration depending on the tracks status. the script is ready but i'm having a problem with eem variable cli_open. ıf you could solve my problem we could have a solution.

Hi Guys,

any of you knows if it is possible to tear down an L2 interface (ASR 9k v4.2.3) by tracking another L2 interface?

Regards

Ale

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: