Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR1002 and IPV6 GLBP

sebastien3
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

On my router I cannot enable GLBP for IPv6...

ASR1002(config-if)#glbp 1 ?
  authentication  Authentication method
  forwarder       Forwarder configuration
  ip              Enable group and set virtual IP address
  load-balancing  Load balancing method
  name            Redundancy name
  preempt         Overthrow lower priority designated routers
  priority        Priority level
  timers          Adjust GLBP timers
  weighting       Gateway weighting and tracking

What must be done to activate it ?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

FYI : https://community.cisco.com/t5/ipv6/asr-1002x-ipv6-glbp/td-p/3720983

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello,

I think I recall a thread from a little while ago, where the same question was asked. Apparently, GLBP on the ASR1002 currently does not support IPv6.

Thanks for the answers !

It is really inconsistent that GLBP IPv6 cannot be activated !!! On ASR 1001 (asr1000rp1-adventerprisek9.03.16.10.S.155-3.S10-ext.bin) it's the same...

I'm going to have to look at HSRP and lose the actif/actif advantage that GLBP offered

network51
Level 1
Level 1

Its not just on 1002. I can see it on 1001 as well.

Seems to be more of an IOS-XE specific missing function rather than ASR platform. Apparently some folks also mention the same on ISR.

Try hsrp or vrrp.

If you go VRRP you need V2 which supports ipv6 as well.

Note : VRRP based on my experience will not play nice if you mix cisco and hardware from another vendor (at least two that I tried). Works like a charm though in cisco-cisco environment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card