Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR1002-HX - Licence Query

Daniel Anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm  currently in the process of putting together a requirements list for the purchase of some ASR1002-HX Routers and am having some difficulty in understanding which licence is required in order to support IPSec on the Router.

The product list currently contains the below:

ASR1002HX-IPSECHW= Cisco ASR1002-HX Crypto Module with no default throughput
FLSA1-2HXIPS8G= Crypto throughput License for ASR1002-HX 8G

But, my understanding is that an additional licence will also be required to enable IPSec. I've previously ordered the 'FLASR1-AES' licence to cover IPSec usage, but I don't believe this is currently compatible on the HX variant.

I've had a look through the ordering guide at - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/guide-c07-731639.html#_Toc516199255 - And it's still not clear to me on the additional licence required.

Is anyone able to advise?

Regards,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Quick Update - Cisco have confirmed that the following part numbers are required for crypto on an ASR1002-HX Router.

In the event that IPSec is configured, the IPSec licence will be activated in Eval mode for 60 days, following the 60 day period, the licence will become available on a permanent basis. There is no way to expedite the Eval period.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Daniel Anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Quick Update - Cisco have confirmed that the following part numbers are required for crypto on an ASR1002-HX Router.

In the event that IPSec is configured, the IPSec licence will be activated in Eval mode for 60 days, following the 60 day period, the licence will become available on a permanent basis. There is no way to expedite the Eval period.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card