cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR920 Control-Plane Policing: Drop action

Matt Glosson
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings. I have an ASR920 (ASR-920-4SZ-A to be precise), which I know is a bit different in various ways from other IOS/IOS-XE. However, I'm experiencing the same confusion on an ASR 1001-X I have. On our 2921 routers, we have CPP enabled in order to drop certain things. The policy-map we have that we apply to the control-plane looks like this:

policy-map CONTROL-PLANE_PMAP
 class CONTROL-PLANE_CMAP
  drop

When I go into the policy-map on the ASR920, I don't have a "drop" action.

(config)#policy-map CONTROL-PLANE_PMAP
(config-pmap)#class CONTROL-PLANE_CMAP
(config-pmap-c)#?
Policy-map class configuration commands:
bandwidth Bandwidth
exit Exit from class action configuration mode
no Negate or set default values of a command
police Police
priority Strict Scheduling Priority for this Class
queue-limit Queue Max Threshold for Tail Drop
random-detect Enable Random Early Detection as drop policy
service-policy Configure QoS Service Policy
set Set QoS values
shape Traffic Shaping

Unfortunately, "drop" isn't on the list. According to this, it should be. The software version we're running is from 2017:

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 03.18.03.SP.156-2.SP3-ext
Cisco IOS Software, ASR920 Software (PPC_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9_NPE-M), Version 15.6(2)SP3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)

I will upgrade if I know this is an option in the new version. If there is another way to accomplish dropping certain traffic (besides applying an ACL to every interface, which is a last resort) I'm certainly open to that. I did just think of something (a route-map with "ip local policy" but I will still ask my question in case anybody knows why "drop" is not a policy-map option.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card