cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR920s not passing Layer 2 Multicast Traffic within the same BD

ronit
Level 1
Level 1

I really have a very simple setup; shown below.

WAC Multicast.jpg

Have 2 devices in the same subnet and BD. They can pass Unicast and Broadcast traffic between each other, but not multicast traffic (224.0.150.1). I tried with both IGMP snooping ON/OFF.

The same devices connected to a pair of 3650 switches work fine with close to default configuration. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks. Those outputs were blank. Those outputs populated once I turned on "ip pim sparse-mode", but the traffic didn't work end-to-end.

The only thing that worked was disabling IGMP snooping on both routers for this specific BD. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

high level i do not see multicast routing enabled? 

Ip multicast-routing, along with configuring IGMP also

post the below output :

show ip igmp snooping group
show ip igmp snooping group bd
show ip igmp snooping group bd 150 count

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you. I wasn’t aware multicast routing was needed to allow layer 2 multicast, also. I will enable it tomorrow and post the outputs of the above commands before and after. 

Thanks. Those outputs were blank. Those outputs populated once I turned on "ip pim sparse-mode", but the traffic didn't work end-to-end.

The only thing that worked was disabling IGMP snooping on both routers for this specific BD. 

Glad all well and working.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card