cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Asymmetric Routing and Voice signaling (UCC Queues)

curielg73
Level 1
Level 1

I recently implemented an IPSEC VPN connection for a customer that has an MPLS connection with a different provider.  After implementing it, we found that one of their UCC queues was not working.  The only thing that I found was that the networks that they were trying to reach were taking asymmetric paths.  Once, we fixed the asymmetric, the UCC queues, which they refered to voice signaling returned to normal.  I told them that they need to fix their routing on their switchs to only symmetrical routing between the two locations.  Despite returning to routing to symmetrical routing, by removing the IPSEC VPN router; they still don't think that asymmetrical routing cause their problem... that it must be something else they said because 3 of other UCC queues were working.  I'm not familiar with UCC queues; thus I couldn't comment any further.  Can someone that's familiar with UCC queues, please advise if asymmetrical routing will cause the queues to fail?

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Curielg73,

this is an interesting question. However, you can get far better help under IP telephony forum

You have an option to move the thread to another forum I would suggest to use it

At first glance asymmetric routing should not cause problems to VOIP related signalling sessions/packets in your scenario unless the difference in delay and jitter among the two paths are quite great.

I may be wrong of course.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card