Views
Helpful
Replies

ATM IMA support on VWIC2-2MFT-G703

lee.messenger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been advised by my service provider that to do ATM IMA I need an AIM-ATM and a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 card,  and that IMA is not support on the VWCI2-2MFT-G703 card.

Can anyone confirm if this is true ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

bmoody
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the link, but could you please advise where in that document it states that the VWIC2-2MFT-G703 does not work with IMA,  I can only see that it is not available to be purchased in a bundle with an AIM-ATM, but that in itself does not mean it won't work.

Thanks

Lee

bmoody
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lee,

If you take a look at the VWIC2-2MFT2-G703, it shows a list of supported features, ATM IMA is not one of them hence it is not supported. Another indicator is that it is not listed as a bundle. When looking at these documents they list what is supported.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Do you have any other document that lists the supported features, I don't see in your previous link where it states that the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 supports ATM-IMA.

Also,  the data sheet for the VWIC2 cards states the following which seems to indicate to me that all capabilities in the T1/E1 card are supported in the G703 card.

T1/E1 data---The  Cisco 1- and 2- port T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 versions act as a WIC, supporting  T1, fractional T1, E1, (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing),  fractional E1, and E1structured G.703 applications. To simplify remote  management, these MFT VWIC2 cards integrate a fully managed DSU/CSU for  T1 deployments and a fully managed DSU for E1 deployments.

• E1/G.703 data---The  Cisco 1- and 2- port G.703 MFT VWIC2 versions act as a WIC, supporting  T1, fractional T1, E1 (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing),  fractional E1, and unstructured E1 (G.703) applications. To simplify  remote management, the G.703 version includes a fully managed DSU. The  G.703 versions also support all the capabilities on the T1/E1 versions.

bmoody
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lee,

The VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E are part of the bundle AIM-ATM-4T1/E1 which replaced the older IMA modules hence it is

supported.

The pdf file below shows which modules are supported per platform

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10538/aag_c07_563807.pdf

EOS has been announced on the bundles

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/eol_c51_633170.html

I do not see any documentation that specifically states IMA is supported on the VWIC2-2MFT2-G703.

Generally customers implement IMA on one of the bundles. I went back and looked at some old cases in the database and found a couple customers have implemented IMA successfully on G703.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: