cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATM support for 2651

pavloviandog
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2651 IOS ver 12.2(8) T5 and I installed an ATM-T1 4T1-IMA WIC, but the router will not recognize it.

Do I need a newer IOS or is there a command to have the router recognize this WIC? Currently it is connecvted to our ISP via the serial connection, but they want to go to an ATM protocol for better video performance. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

VWIC-2MFT-T1 (2 ports)

but then you'll also need to add: AIM-ATM card inside the router

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

You have to be running enteprise feature set, and I believe newer IOS versions don't support this card anymore, you might need an older 12.2 or 12.1 IOS image

Thank Roman.

Can you suggest a WIC I could use for the ATM connection with my current ISO version?

VWIC-2MFT-T1 (2 ports)

but then you'll also need to add: AIM-ATM card inside the router

Thanks Again.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information  contained within this posting without consideration and with the  reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability  or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational  purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional  advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at  reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If I remember correctly, believe you also needed an IOS with "plus" or better feature set to support the IMA cards.

PS:

BTW, unless you're doing ATM end-to-end, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't find your video performance much better unless your serial port just didn't have enough bandwidth.  I'm assuming you'll be doing IP over ATM, which has its own "quirks".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card