Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup of framerelay PVC on other

sukhjits8511
Level 1
Level 1

Hi cisco gurus....

I have a framerelay link which has 3 PVCs,can i create another framerelay link having with 3PVCs with each PVC being the backup for the corresponding one......If this is possible how, if not is there any other way to have backup of the 3PVCS i have...

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Hello,

if all your PVCs are connected to the same multipoint subinterface or physical interface, the interface will only go down if all PVCs go down.

The easiest way to configure the backup would be to create 3 Point-to-Point subinterfaces and use the 'backup' command on each subinterface.

HTH,

GP

Hi gpauwen,

first of all thanks for replying.

I tried the same thing, i will explain what i did and what is the problem coming up

I have a single physical interface and 3 subinterfaces on it having 1 PVC on each subinterface.

So there are 3 PVCs in total and if i give backup command on the pvc i get a backup to the physical interface and i am not getting an option for subinterface.

AM trying that i can have the same config on the other serail interface with 3 pvcs on each subinterface, but i am not able to make backup of the pvc on subinterface.

hope you get what am trying to say....

so if i make backup on all the pvcs on single physical interface will that not mix my all 3 pvcs.

please help...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card