cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Labels

Forum Posts

Finding accurate answers to your questions and issues is always gratifying, but what if these answers are shared globally across different languages? The Cisco Community team has been working on a proof of concept (PoC) to take Accepted Solutions in...

translator.png Asolution.png htlm-source.png insertcode(1).png
Kelli Glass by Community Manager
  • 7 replies
  • 16 Helpful votes

Does Cisco router have any option of specifying NAT overload backup, may be with use of route-maps.For ex:If outside interface s0 is configured for NAT overload, I want to failover to outside interface s1, if s0 goes down?Thanks,Praful

Looking at the most scalable alternative for an LNS - We have looked at 7200's (Starting with NPE400, then potentially upgrading to NPE-G1 as required).Would 7600's be a better alternative?(Or 6400's?)...Or is there a new Cisco product that replaces ...

Hello All,I have a need to redesign a very complex network. It is needlessly complex due to multiple acquisitions of other companies. There are many point-to-point frame relays and because of the sometimes overlapping network schemes of 24/7 connec...

I have a 1720 which is running in bridged mode at a client site. It is required that they be bridged due to a non-routable protocol. The problem is that each side is owned by a different group and use different IP subnets. Both groups would like t...

mlowery by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folks, I have a VIP4 that crashed and I'm wondering, based on the crashdump info and router log, if this is likely an IOS or hardware failure. It looks like the ATM card in Bay 0 failed. Also, is this card hot-swappable? Please check out the at...

I am bit confused of the fact: -How multiple OSPF areas reduces the Size of the LSA database of an Internal Router. I am considering the fact that no Stub area and Route Summarization is happening.Though Multiple OSPF areas reduces the Type 1 and 2 L...

rohit_s by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I currently work in an SP with an IP/Tag-Switching network. I am in charge of presenting the pros and cons of introducing a new Distribution Layer. Our main driver for this new layer is to have more ports in order to aggregate new access router...

natamen by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a need to implement redundancy with load balancing (outbound) to two separate ISPs using two separate routers (hardware redundancy). One ISP is over T1 the other is cable. The network basically has core routers connected to two WAN routers, ...

xot

At xot, there is 5 second delay between disconnection tcp session and x25. Is it possible to decrease that value?Thanks.

istorman by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,how to map tos-value to ip-prec value ??dos it mean if i have a packet with a tos of 5 (00000101) ist this the ip-prec-value of 5 as well???i mean the tos field is 8 bit long, the ip-prec value is a subset of the tos field - is this right - and it...

rabeder by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've successfully created 2 subinterfaces for my serial 0 interface.Now, I'd like to understand 2 things I'm missing about subinterfaces.A)Why, if do:no interface serial 0.1no interface serial 0.2I can still see them but in "deleted" status?Can I get...

Is there any way to know in which interface I am?e.g.Router>enaRouter#conf tRouter(config)#int ser 0/2Router(config-if)#Now, let's say I'm a dumb (because I am) and I don't remember in which interface I've switched to.Is there any way at all to query...