cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

beginner cisco router and switch for window server webhosting

yudi_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

i am noob with cisco product.so i need guide what cisco router and switch best for window server web hosting.in near future i want to build small webhosting company using window server and using router and switch from cisco .thank you

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are totally new to cisco, suggest getting a consultant or cisco SE to help you. is this Hosting for own ? or offering services for others ?

The solution you think you can not alone achieve as per your experience, since Webhosting not a toy, it required lot of security ( keeping the view today world of security ) your customer data will be easily hacked by intruders if your Webhosting not configured properly with security.

Why not use an existing Webhosting company  - who can offer a single glass for you to manage your customer.

other drawbacks :

1. Today compute changes so quickly you need to keep investing hardware.

2. Software License

3. Maintenance 

4. Security

Other note for your question - I can say you need 2 routers / 4 Switches / 12 servers to build - But that is not approach - we need to always keep that in mind is our investment protected and have we done the right investment in the right place to gain any?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I understand the desire of the original poster to prepare to build a small web hosting company. I agree with @balaji.bandi that there are multiple challenges in doing that. I agree that getting help from someone experienced in these things would be a good idea. I would also make the point that for a company which needed some access to Internet that a router might be sufficient as the outside device. But for a web hosting company for which access from devices in the Internet to resources on the inside network that some type of firewall would be important.

HTH

Rick

hi richard

yes i agree i need someone experienced in these things.i try contacting many source like MS tech community,forum,MS consulting service.still zero answer.t has been nearly a year research for this.i attach pic from Microsoft DOC. about different architecture with window server 2016 here link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/networking/core-network-guide/core-network-guide

other plan is using cloudlinux OS,litespeed web server,and bind9 DNS stuff. 3 of them provide partnering and consulting.this make me wondering about networking gear like cabling,ethernet ,router,switch.etc.again 

hi bandi.

hk for reply.

yes i am new comer a bit confused selecting router and switch from cisco.the plan is to hosting for community site such school and some other.not hosting for commercial.this for engaging stage.before we go to knowledge transfer stage and others

yes i agree web hosting is not a toy.a lot happen around.compare to azure stack complete build price around $ 50 k..from huawei without basic training.or open stack price around half of azure stack price.other side.i have challenge with connectivity issue.gov. company not provide good Quality conection (MPLS,etc).so with this reason.i wanna try small  web hosting. to continue my journey as programmer 1995 since.and grow with microsoft product.

yes i agree with you about drawbacks with window server. i guess. but i am a bit familiar with window app.the other plan is using cloudlinux OS,litespeed web server,and bind9 DNS stuff. 3 of them provide partnering and consulting.this make me wondering about networking gear like cabling,ethernet ,router,switch.etc. 

if i need 2 routers / 4 Switches / 12 servers to build. sound great man .i like that..hope it run for comecrcial too.

basicly i like existing Webhosting company,white label,some other.but i dont have knowledge transfer stage i guess and my background as programmer since 95 become useless

note.i attach window server 2016 infrastructure

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I was guessed that it was private hosting.

- If you looking at Schools kind of project where you do not need Windows, i go straight to Linux to save cost ( make sure someone have hands-on experience, sometime you will not answer as expected support model vs freeware).

Since you mentioned as a programmer, you can port all your application towards PHP / JS other advanced toolkits available like REACT/ SLACK so on. - which give you lot of save money. which you can invest for hardware like Physical Server / routers / Switchs / FW and Reverse proxy like NGNIX.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

again i want to know what cisco router and switch for window server webhosting.is it 2900 series or else.that all

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card