Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Confederation

vin.marco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all
do you think it is possible to configure BGP confederation and also configure the RR for each sub-autonomous systems?

5 Replies 5

Hello

Why would you want to, If you are using confeds then i would say you have to much of a large of a ibgp domain to use RR

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hey man, I sent you a PM if you don't mind could you check it? Thank you.

I would like to divide the ISP into different confederations and create a RR inside, to make it scalable.

Another proposal I was considering was to split ISPs into several RRs.
But I don't know which one could be the most scalable because the ISP is growing.
Thanks

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes, i prefer to have RR, rather than a confederation. (there is pros and cons on both) depends on the use case, But RR is the success of a much large deployment in the industry.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Sergey Lisitsin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

There is nothing that stops you combining these techniques, you can use both confederations and route-reflectors. Although, in my opinion, you really need a humongous network to have a reasonable need for that  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card