Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Full Routing Cisco Router

Erico Verissimo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

Can someone help me about which router is able to receive internet full routing BGP?

I need a device with 4x10Gb (2 BGP peers).

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the ASR1000 has a 10x10GE module and 4 to 64 GB of memory (depending on the route processor). That would be a good choice.

The 7600 not so much, they are slowly being phased out, and overkill for a medium organization...

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hello,

the full BGP routing table as of now consists of roughly 670000 prefixes. For that, you need more or less one Gigabit of memory on your router. What is the size of your organization ?

And what do you mean by 4x10GB - you need TenGigabtEthernet ports ?

Hello, 

It means 4 x 10Gb TenGigabitEthernet interface wan to connect the peers. It is a medium organization but I am confusing in which router I could choice.

For example: 

ASR 1000, Cisco 7600 and catalyst 6500. What is the better one considering wan interface and dram memory to handle internet full routing?

Hi

My suggest is the ASR, also take in consideration the EoL, check the link above. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Julio, Thank you.

Hi Erico,

It was a pleasure, have a great day

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hello,

the ASR1000 has a 10x10GE module and 4 to 64 GB of memory (depending on the route processor). That would be a good choice.

The 7600 not so much, they are slowly being phased out, and overkill for a medium organization...

Georg,

Thank you. I will consider the ASR for the solution.

Hi Georg,

What about ISR4K? say 4331 or the higher models with 4G DRAM. Would you have any info or experience on the ISR4K, if it can support full bgp full routes?

Hi

I think it should be an ASR family router, check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/routers/cisco-router-selector/index.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card