Helpful
Replies

BGP Routing reachablity Issue from end to end

PFG TAC
Level 1
Level 1

Network diagram.jpg

Hello All,

With the above mentioned scneario, I am unable to ping from HQ-Core to Branch Core switch for some reasons.

I have attached the complete configuration of all the devices and output of each.

Please help me on this issue ASAP.

6 Replies 6

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello PFG TAC,

you have appended the configuration of sprint branch twice, also in place of HQ-router configuration.

From the point of view of branch router we see:

*> 10.222.11.0/24    192.168.1.2              0     0     0 15 i

but this network should be seen via AS path 65000 15

as there is no direct eBGP session with the HQ router (or there is? as this show suggests ...)

So router in the middle has to have eBGP sessions with both HQ router (AS15) and branch router ( AS1) no BGP session has to be configured between branch and HQ routers.

The router in the middle needs BGP sessions otherwise it is not able to route traffic between the two sites and it would become a routing blackhole

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello Giuseppe,

First let me thank for your reply to my question.

Yes, I have builed the eBGP session between the Branch-Sprint to Cloud and again from HQ-Router to Cloud Router.

I didn't configured any neighbour session from Branch-Sprint to HQ-Router and vice and versa.

I would suggest, please gothrough the configuration once again and let me know, If I have missed anything in the configuration.

And, also let me know, how to acheive this.

Hi,

post the  correct configs from all devices because without the config of the device in the middle it's gonna be hard to tell

but there is definitely somrthing wrong as the switch on the router in AS1 should see the 10.222.11.0 prefix as traversing AS 65000 which is not the case in your config.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Sorry...I just noticed tht..I havent pasted the correct configuration.

Please check the below attached configuration..

Hello All,

Anybody had a chance to look at the above past exact configuration...

Thanks for your help in advance...

Hi,

Can you make below changes into your config, then clear the BGP sessions and see if it gets fixed.

On Branch-Sprint

================

router bgp 1

no auto-summary

no neighbor 192.168.1.2 next-hop-self

Sprint-Cloud

============

router bgp 65000

no auto-summary

no neighbor 192.168.1.1 next-hop-self

no neighbor 192.168.2.1 next-hop-self

HQ-Router