I have a RR advertising 380k prefixes to two RR clients.
show bgp n x.x.x.x advertised on the RR shows that full 380k routes are being sent to the RR clients.
One client is recieving the whole 380 while another clent is only seeing 260k routes as indicated by show ip bgp n C.C.C.C routes.
- Reviewed configuration for RR and both RR clients.
- Verified RR is advertising the same number of prefixes to both clients (380265 prefixes).
- show ip bgp summ shows non-working clients receiving only 265626 prefixes from RR while working client receives all prefixes advertised by RR (380265 prefixes).
- No BGP related messages under show log.
- show ip bgp summary not showing any updates in queue for non-working client.
- no drops on client router interface.
- This was working before
any idea when this stopped working ? Have you checked the local log buffer or do you have a syslog by chance?
Have you tried to check the memory stats on the affected RR client (low memory perhaps...) ?