Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP soft reset

Htain Lynn Aung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dears,

I am a little confused about dynamic inbound soft reset. BGP routing table got inbound and outbound updates without applying dynamic inbound and outbound soft reset. Could you explain a little bit more why we need to do dynamic soft reset while it got updates itself ? Thanks for your time.  I am sorry if my post is silly.

2 Replies 2

nazimkha
Level 4
Level 4
Many devices now support BGP route refresh capability. With route refresh there is no need to do a dynamic soft reset.

as per this document :
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus7000/sw/unicast/config/cisco_nexus7000_unicast_routing_config_guide_8x/configuring_advanced_bgp.html#concept_0114A7DE7A67482E9E431EB45C3F8C01

Route Refresh—A route refresh updates the inbound routing tables dynamically by sending route refresh requests to supporting peers when you change an inbound route policy. The remote BGP peer responds with a new copy of its routes that the local BGP speaker processes with the modified route policy. Cisco NX-OS automatically sends an outbound route refresh of prefixes to the peer.

Thank you for your explanation and it is informative for me. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card