cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bonded T1

Gerard Gacusan
Level 1
Level 1

I've actually opened a forum before in-line to this bonded T1. In connection with this, i just want to verify that my information is correct.

we've ordered 4xT1,the ISP provided to me the necessary config, using ppp each link. Obviously, i have 4 different layer-3 subnets respectively.

We are not even getting more than 1mb per second upload or download speed from LAN and sometimes worst of 50kb. I reviewed, the configuration seems not bonded because of 4 different layer-3 w/ ppp encap. There's no MLPPP in place.

Please advise...

Thanks again.

3 Replies 3

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

In a MPPP setup, you should have single layer3 interface. The 4 serial interfaces you have should simply perform as L2 carriage for the multilink interface.

Paresh

yes right, MLPPP have single L3 interface combining the physical links.

my existing is not bonded since it has 4 different L3 presents. When a packet sends out, it use 1xT1 only. Obviously,you'll not get more than 1544mbps.

pls advise...

Hi,

As suggested by Paresh that you have to bond all of the interfaces under the MlPPP, please find a link below for the same.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804a40f9.html#wp1064366

HTH,

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card