Views
Helpful
Replies

Branch Office

samirshaikh52
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Experts,

I am in need of our experts help and consultancy.

We are planning to open a branch office. I’ve to plan a network infrastructure. Basically I am collecting ideas to put on stable network infrastructure plan.

I’ll just give a brief summary of our current network.

We have VLAN segmentation for our inside network with 30 VLAN’s (with around 1200 users). We are using 6500 Core Switches with failover redundancy.

We are also having ASA 5540 firewall connected to Edge Internet Router (Cisco 1800). We’ve 5mbps internet leased line.

Along with that some server likes DC, DNS, Exchange and ISA.

I’ll give you some information about branch office. It will have about 200 computer users. We’ve plan to put multilayer switch like main branch.

Now I am thinking what sort of technology I can use and what configurations I’ve to add to connect these branches. So as to route the traffic.

Thanks.

Regard's

Samir

1 Reply 1

Amit Aneja
Level 3
Level 3

Here are some questions that would decide what technology can be used & how simply this can be done.

Do you want the vlans to propagate over the internet to the branch office?

Do you a secure communitcation over the internet?

Do you need to pass multicast over the internet to branch site?

MPLS?

Have you thought of building a VPN tunnel b/w the edge devices of both sides? This way the traffic going b/w the sites is secure over the internet.

You could build a GRE tunnel to the branch site & could run routing protocols over GRE so that the two sites can exchange routes.

Regards,

Amit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card