cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C111-8P licensing

user0586
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I have a C1111-8P with SL-1100-8P-SEC & FL-VPERF-8P-200. The licenses were ordered as part of the router configuration and not as spares. As far as I know these licenses are not SMART licenses. Can I just disable smart licensing and the licenses will go back to normal without the need to register?

RTR#show license sum

Smart Licensing is ENABLED

Export-Controlled Functionality: NOT ALLOWED

License Authorization:

Evaluation Period Remaining: 88 days, 23 hours, 32 minutes, 35 seconds

License Usage:

License                 Entitlement tag               Count Status

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(ISR_1100_8P_Security)            1 EVAL MODE

(ISR_1100_8P_IPSEC_Thro...)       1 EVAL MODE

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't disable Smart Licensing if the router is running 16.9.X and above/later.
If you don't want the router to participate in Smart Licensing the downgrade to 16.8.X and "lower"/older. Try the latest 16.6.X, for instance.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Smart License is mandatory if the appliance is running 16.9.X and later.
If the appliance is running 16.8.X and older then Smart License is not supported.

Thanks Leo. Can I disable smart licensing or will I have to both downgrade and disable smart licensing?

What version is the router running on?

It's on Version 16.10.01b

You can't disable Smart Licensing if the router is running 16.9.X and above/later.
If you don't want the router to participate in Smart Licensing the downgrade to 16.8.X and "lower"/older. Try the latest 16.6.X, for instance.

Djurre Woudstra
Level 1
Level 1

Smart licensing is mandatory unfortunately for any router running 16.10.x and up and any switch running 16.8.x and up.

I would use 16.9.4, this is a very stable release at the time of writing this with no smart licensing need.

Cisco is really screwing us over with the mandatory "smart" licensing, trying to get every last dollar out of the customer :-(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card