cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c1111 can you turn the ports of so that they dont link nor light up?

ino
Level 1
Level 1

c1111 can you turn the ports of so that they dont link nor light up?

i could get a c1111 for cheap but the seller has no idea and tells me the 4 ports whether link nor light up if connected 

there are 2 other ports which link and light up i think 1 will be the wan port the other the control port (which in real is some serial connection i expect it not to be harmed if an ethernet plug is plugged in)

the question is can you turn the ports of per software so they not link and dont light up if something is plugged in

would this be the factory state of the device?

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @ino ,

to disable an in interface in IOS and IOS XE

int gi0/0

shutdown

do it for all the interfaces that are not in use and you don't want them to be "plug and play"

Hope to help

Giuseppe

so if some one does this no light on the device will come up if a cable is plugged in

i am asking to know if the device is bricked or may be in a working state just the ports are disabled

also would this be the factory settings eg. ports disabled

or would some one need to disable them 

cheers rick

The only way is to post the complete output of the router booting up.  

Otherwise, there is no way to determine if there are any damages or defects.  

ino
Level 1
Level 1

i don not have the router

i simply want to know

a. if the router is factory reset are the ports disabled (4 lan ports) --  yes / no

b. if the ports are disabled either by a factory reset or by an administrator will the LEDs still light up if a cable is plugged in or are they completely "dead" no lights no linking no nothing as long some one dont turns them on again 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card