cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c1600-y-l.122-31 conversion to c1600-y-mz.122-31 possible?

br
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

is there a possiblity to convert an image "c1600-y-l.122-31" to "c1600-y-mz.122-31"? We were using it on a 8MB flash card until it broke when moving to another office. Fortunately we had a backup but no spare 8MB Flash cards, only 4MB.

Thanks for any hints.

Best regards

Bernhard Roth

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

i feel u need to have more than 4MB to accomodate the new version since its having some additional features attached to it when compared to your earlier ios code which is simple IP Base and i guess you are trying out IP Advanced feature base (which includes IPSEC)..

regds

c1600-y-l.122-31 is ip-base, too. no ipsec or other features included. The only point is that -l means linear execution from flash which requires un uncompressed image on flash. -mz images are run vom Memory Zipped which are much smaller on flash.

bjosu
Level 1
Level 1

Even if you can compress the file i do not think it will work you probably need the run-from-ram version instead.

c1600-y-mz.122-31.bin is the one you want.

Min memory is 12MB

The compressed images are zipped but with a loader attached which is responsible for decompression and executing the image from ram. I don't know if it's possible to get the tool creating a loader.

I can't get the image 'cause the contract ended so I'm a bit mesed up.

Just to proove the presence of the -l image:

c1600-y-l.122-31.bin

4f079fbb37fb03642a4a55f2f2cd325a

Perhaps anybody can help.

Best regards

Bernhard Roth

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card