Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c9200 excessive loggs. %IOSXE_INFRA-6-PROCPATH_CLIENT_HOG

We get these loggs messages all the time and I can not figure out why.

1 56    C9200-48P          16.12.1          

We get them every 3-7 minutes.

025023: Sep 30 18:13:46.644 UTC: %IOSXE_INFRA-6-PROCPATH_CLIENT_HOG: IOS shim client 'chasfs' has taken 308 msec (runtime: 304 msec) to process a 'stack chasfs fd' message.

I am not sure if it this bug but we do not have this firmware.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs94143/?rfs=iqvred

17 Replies 17

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Before I look at the Bug ID, what happens if the firmware gets upgraded to, say, 16.12.4?

EDIT (01 Sept 2021):  Avoid 16.12.X -- It is a sh!tshow.  Stay with 16.6.X, 16.9.X and avoid 16.12.X altogether.  IF there is a critical need for 16.12.X, then use 16.12.3 or 16.12.3a.  

We are using IOS 16.12.3a and still we are having lots of logs messages

We have not tried to upgrading the software to 16.12.4

Changed the URL link to a better one.

Hello,

in any case, you could configure the logging discriminator below:

logging discriminator INFRA severity drops 6 facility drops IOSXE mnemonics drops PROCPATH_CLIENT_HOG

!

logging buffered discriminator INFRA 100000
logging console discriminator INFRA
logging monitor discriminator INFRA
logging host x.x.x.x discriminator INFRA

Thank you.

Right now we have not seen any loss of service or any trouble while having this message.

Is this a concern or should we ignore it?

Or will it only affect us when upgrading the software?

Should we check the cables between the devices?

What exactly does this mean? "stack chasfs fd"

Chris McCann
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We are experiencing the same log messages every 12 mins or so, but in our case we are seeing some issues. In that the switch can no longer ping the management devices and hence they are constantly showing as down, although I am logged onto them fine. We are also having users complain and seeing some lost packets.

This  started when we had a power cut to the core switches (yikes) and the trunks would of dropped. The switches arent doing any routing and have one ip address on the management interface.

Cisco IOS Software [Gibraltar], Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT9K_LITE_IOSXE), Version 16.12.1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)

%IOSXE_INFRA-6-PROCPATH_CLIENT_HOG: IOS shim client 'chasfs' has taken 288 msec (runtime: 288 msec) to process a 'stack chasfs fd' message

Currently we have opened a TAC case.

But we have not impact.

Thanks Tommy,

Not sure hether to open a case or not as we are going to reboot our switches later today. I will post on  here if the message stop getting logged.

Chris.

Reboot of the switch has stopped the logging of the error and also cleared up the error of not being able to ping our monitoring servers.

did you get any update from TAC ? we see the same message in our systems IOS shim client 'chasfs' has taken

Hi Chris,

I'm facing the same issue for 9200L-24PXG running on version 16.12.02. The switch cannot ping to the DNAC despite both are within the same vlan which is strange. When I checked the switch logs, I found out this log msg "%IOSXE_INFRA-6-PROCPATH_CLIENT_HOG: IOS shim client 'chasfs' has taken 304 msec (runtime: 304 msec) to process a 'stack chasfs fd' message". After performed traceroute from switch to the DNAC IP, the ping was successful back. However, after couple of hours/minutes, the issue reoccur again. Seems like the viable permanent is to upgrade the firmware of the switch

Avoid 16.12.X at all cost.  If the platform supports it, use 16.6.X or 16.9.X.  

Hi Leo,

How about version 17.x.x?

@jaiwaei36 wrote:

How about version 17.x.x?

Go straight to 17.3.4 or 17.3.4a.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card