cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cab-e1-rj45bnc(unbalanced), output rj45 or rj48?

liqingleo
Level 1
Level 1

cab-e1-rj45bnc(unbalanced), which kind of interface does it output? RJ45 or RJ48(for e1)? Can I use this cable to transform BNC to RJ45, and put the RJ45 into a FE interface?QQ截图20120908113948.jpg

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

RJ48 and RJ45 are, in practice. the same physical connector.

You can not ever connect E1 to Ethernet. For E1 circuit., you need E1 interface.

View solution in original post

No is not right, because there is no such thing as Ethernet on dual BNC.

That cable is used exclusively for E1 connections with VWIC cards.

Ethernet can not run on dual BNC, right? And this cable is only used for E1 line. Thanks for your patient assistance,

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

RJ48 and RJ45 are, in practice. the same physical connector.

You can not ever connect E1 to Ethernet. For E1 circuit., you need E1 interface.

Yes, I know that this cable can be used to connect BNC(from ISP,E1 also) to my Router's E1 interface.

But now I am facing a different problem. Before, we used an adapter to transform BNC(from ISP, none E1) to a serial interface

,and now this this serial interface will be replaced with an Ehternet interface. I'm wondering, if this cable

cab-e1-rj45bnc(unbalanced) can be used to transform BNC(from ISP, none E1) to RJ45, and put the RJ45 into an Ethernet interface. Wait for your kindly help.

Please read my answer above.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Sorry to bother you again, now ,it has nothing to do with E1, it's another proble. I just want to transform BNC signal to RJ45 Ethernet,this line is not E1 line. I want to know if this cable :

cab-e1-rj45bnc(unbalanced),

can help me achieve that.

Can you explain what you problemor necessity actually is, let aside the cable ?      

Yeah, I think I got you, rj45 and rj48 are in fact the same kind of connecter, and this cable"cab-e1-rj45bnc(unbalanced)" is just a cable used to transfer bnc signal to rj45, it has nothing to do with E1 or Ethernet, if there is E1 signal ,the rj45 of the cable can be inserted into E1 port, if there is Ethernet signal, the rj45 of the cable can be inserted to an Ethernet port. Is that right?

No is not right, because there is no such thing as Ethernet on dual BNC.

That cable is used exclusively for E1 connections with VWIC cards.

Ethernet can not run on dual BNC, right? And this cable is only used for E1 line. Thanks for your patient assistance,

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card