cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cacti and a 2801

jfarrer
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Cacti to monitor my network. I have several 2801 routers that VPN into my corporate network where my Cacti server is located. When I try to load the 2801s into Cacti, it hangs. I restart my Cacti session and it looks like it has loaded the interfaces from the 2801, but there are no descriptions. I have been able to configure my 2811 at corporate with no problem. Is this an issue with the VPN. I am using the internal address of the 2801. Please let me know if anyone has had this issue.

Thanks,

Jack

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

The Round Robin Database (RRD) Tool is another open-source SNMP visualization toolset developed by Tobias Oetiker.

RRD can be used in conjunction with MRTG. It does not perform its own SNMP collection. It can also be used with NetFlow using OSU flow-tools and FlowScan.

There are many HTML and PHP front ends such as Cacti, Cricket, and Big Sister.

avmabe
Level 3
Level 3

Jack,

I would suspect this is an issue with the VPN. I monitor many 2800's with cacti with no issue.

When cacti hangs like that it's usually 1. no connection to device 2. snmp string is wrong or 3. some other issue (ACL's blocking).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card