Views
Helpful
Replies

%CALL_CONTROL-3-STAT_MEMORY_CORRUPTED on cisco 3845

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I am getting following error on a Cisco 3845 router intermittently.

000312: Sep 26 15:38:19: %CALL_CONTROL-3-STAT_MEMORY_CORRUPTED: Memory corruption detected in memory=69028FA8 allocated for RTCP statistic

000315: Oct  1 08:26:01: %CALL_CONTROL-3-STAT_MEMORY_CORRUPTED: Memory corruption detected in memory=6902E160 allocated for RTCP statistic

Platform: Cisco 3845

IOS: c3845-spservicesk9-mz.124-24.T2.bin

Did some research, couldn't find my info on this error. Bug toolkit didn't help either.

Wondering if someone can give a hand on this one?

Thanks,

Kapil

6 Replies 6

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kapil,

I have found 3 bug reports relevant to this message - I hope you will be able to access them using this URL:

https://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/bssprt/bss?keywords=%25CALL_CONTROL-3-STAT_MEMORY_CORRUPTED&searchType=bstKeywordSearch&page=bstSearchResults

One of these bug reports is in Fixed status, another is in Open, and the last one is Terminated. In general, if you experience no further issues apart from this message popping up in your logs, you can probably ignore it. In any case, this hints at an IOS bug so some cautious upgrade may be called for.

Best regards,

Peter

In case someone else is looking for some help on this, Cisco told me that following two bugs are the suspected culprit in my case. Both of them are non-service affecting and mere informational messges which can be ignored safely.

The fix may be available in IOS 15.2 / 15.3 train which is expected to release sometime during Feb 2013

CSCub63208     Memory corruption detected in memory, when allocated for RTCP statistic

CSCtq20136     Memory corruption detected in memory allocated for RTCP Stats

Thanks,

Kapil

But IOS 15.2 will never be released for the 3845.

Interesting. Let's see what Cisco engineer has to say about it. I've forward this to the case owner.

Here is what the engineer came back saying:

You are right. Pl. see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/qa_c67-631674_ps5855_Products_End-of-Life_Notice.html

15.1(4)M release will be supported for this router and will have bug fixes. No fixes have been committed yet.

Thanks

You are welcome, thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card