cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can VLAN's Traverse P2P T1?

shocke
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 1841's with T1 HWIC's, I am wondering if it possible to have VLAN's traverse the T1 connection from our 6513 switch at our main campus to a 3550 switch at a remote site. I would like to be able to setup different VLAN's on the 3550. I am not very advanced in Cisco routing and I have looked through Cisco's site without luck. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Although it is possible to achieve that, the real question is, do you 100% positively need that ?

A sane network design calls for separate subnets and routing at remote locations, not bridging. I would recommend you do that and leave the VLANs in a campus environment only.

It is what we would to see, client's on one vlan, printer's on another, wireless access on another. Would you happens to have a url explaining how to acheive this? Thanks!

Hi, routing does not prevent that in any way.

Really there is no document about, such is the nature of networking, recommend perhaps some "primer" book.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card