cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can WS-C2960X-48FPD-L do EIGRP Stub Routing with IOS15.2(7)Ex?

ppochman01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community!

Can anyone help me out to confirm whether WS-C2960X-48FPD-L with LAN Base and IOS15.2(7)E2 [this is the Suggested Release] supports EIGRP Stub Routing? Per Cisco Feature Navigator is should but I am unable to neither confirm by hands-on experience nor by any other relevant information source on Cisco.com or public internet.

Our switch has currently older software which does not allow us to issue any "router eigrp" conf t command not even when "ip routing" is enabled. I've used CFN to validate EIGRP Stub Routing feature availability for C2960X LAN Base during design phase. We have obtained the switch with older IOS. Trying to figure out if we just need to upgrade the IOS to suggested release or whether we need to use different switch model - due to time constrains we had to use the aforementioned model for now.

Thank you in advance!

3 Replies 3

Hello,

according to the datasheet (link attached, scroll down to 'Layer 3 Features), the XR models support EIGRP (stub) routing, while the X models only support RIP.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-x-series-switches/datasheet_c78-728232.html#SwitchModelsandConfigurations

Thanks Georg.

Your link leads to product datasheet (Updated:February 15, 2019) I am not sure whether all features introduced in latest IOS are projected there for CAT2960X.

The EIGRP Stub Routing feature was implemented in IOS 15.2(6)E1 which was released on ~March 5, 2018 so I would expect the feature would be indeed included also in the data sheet.

So now I am trying to understand why I am seeing in CFN this feature:

C2960X_CFN.jpg

The workaround for me is to implement different supported routing protocol but that would not be preferred due to our standards.

Will wait a bit for more reactions in this thread...

Thank you!!!

Hello

CFN - should be correct so i would be encouraged to go for that release, probably require to use a routing SDM though

OS TYPE IOS          
PLATFROM CAT2960X          
MAJOR RELEASE 15.2E          
RELEAES 15.2(7)E2          
LICENSE UNIVERSAL (LAN BASE)          

RELEASE LICENSE PLATFORM IMAGE NAME DRAM FLASH EOL STATUS
15.2(7)E2 UNIVERSAL (LAN BASE) CAT2960X c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-7.E2.bin 128 64 N
692 EIGRP Stub Routing

OS TYPE IOS          
PLATFROM CAT2960X          
MAJOR RELEASE 15.2E          
RELEAES 15.2(6)E1          
LICENSE UNIVERSAL (LAN BASE)          

RELEASE LICENSE PLATFORM IMAGE NAME DRAM FLASH EOL STATUS
15.2(6)E1 UNIVERSAL (LAN BASE) CAT2960X c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-6.E1.bin 128 64 N
692 EIGRP Stub Routing

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card