cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot route BGP traffic to next hop

DavidBruce954
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue routing incoming BGP traffic to the next hop in my environment. Traffic successfully travels the VPN and I can ping across the tunnel from both the peer router (router 1) and from router 2. My issue is having the traffic (10.110.0.0/16) route to the router 2 at 192.168.100.1. Route 2 is able to ping across the entire internal router and ping the devices on the opposite end and vise versa. Please assist with guidance on how to either setup a route or use rule to dictate the BGP traffic route to router 2. 

I am using a Cisco 2951 as router 1. 

bgp.jpg

4 Replies 4

Hello

Can you verify the problem, you have reachability from both rtrs, is it traffic traversing the ipsec tunnel?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello,

what can you NOT ping, and from where ? Either way, post the full configs of all devices involved.

Ibgp need full mesh,

so I think you config a all inside same as,

that make isp send route to R1 and not to R2 because there is no R2 in routing table of isp or you not config it as neighbor.

R1 because of split horizon can not forward this route to R2.

so 

isp to R1 is ebgp As y-x

R1 to R2 is ibgp AS x

or

isp to R1 and to R2 same AS x

any update friend 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: