Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3850 + MPLS L2VPN

Leonid Voronkin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, community.

Has anyone used MPLS on Catalyst 3850. I want to know your impression. In particular about VPLS. How does it work? Have you noticed any underwater rocks or issues?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3850 has MPLS support, again depends on what you like to use and where is the question.

Other suggestion, i would suggest to use Cat 9300 instead of Cat 3850 for Longer ROI Point of view, since cisco more focussing on Cat 9K Models

here is more reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/16-6/configuration_guide/mpls/b_166_mpls_9300_cg/b_165_mpls_9300_cg_chapter_011.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

3850 has MPLS support, again depends on what you like to use and where is the question.

I know that MPLS supports on Cat 3850. I am interested to get feedback from real cases.

Other suggestion, i would suggest to use Cat 9300 instead of Cat 3850 for Longer ROI Point of view, since cisco more focussing on Cat 9K Models

Of course but we have already have Cat 3850

As of now we did not see or encounter any issue around MPLS/VPLS, but by saying that not every enviroment is the same.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leonid Voronkin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Really no one deployed MPLS on Cat 3850?

I too am interested to hear if anybody has had any issues? Currently router(2911) on a stick approach at a location and our ISP has suggested we us VPLS to gain more bandwidth by plugging directly in to the 3850. Any QoS considerations or issues? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card