cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBWFQ w/Frame Relay Traffic Shaping?

metzj
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple subinterfaces (56K) on a single T1. We are implementing frame-relay traffic shaping and we have a CIR 28K. My Question, When applying the service policy to the frame-relay map I get the following error " requested bandwidth 8 (kbps), available only 6 (kbps)". I have 4 class-map statements with a policy that sets the bandwidth to the min 8kbps for each class. This adds up to being under our CIR so why do I get this message when trying to apply the service policy?

I appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can only reserve 75% of link bandwidth. Link bandwidth is based on the "bandwidth" command configured on the interface. If you need to reserve more than 75%, you can use the "max-reserved-bandwidth" command to change this value. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk39/tk48/technologies_tech_note09186a00800fe2c1.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

I tried this with same results. Were using Frame Relay with point-point subinterfaces. See Original post. I'm still confused as to why this message appears considering I'm not over the CIR. Does this mean I need to be with the 75% of the CIR? I'm applying the service policy under the Frame Relay map statements.

Thanks,

I have it resolved now. The MinCIR is set to half of the CIR and this created all the problems. I changed our MinCIR to be something under the CIR and all is working good now.

Thansk,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card