cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CE500-24TT Unable to access some devices

tomparham
Level 1
Level 1

Setup CE500-24TT switch Port FE2 router / ports FE1,3-24 desktop / Ports GE1-2 Switch ports - MAC filtering is NOT enabled

FE1 - Cisco PIX501

FE2-24 Desktops/Printers

G1 - Empty

G2 - 8 port Gig Switch

8 Port G Switch = SBS2008 / Win2003 with Citrix / Win2K8 Management Server - plus a couple of desktops for Gig to server access

I connected on the 8 port Gig SW a new Server running Windows 2012 Hyper-V and am not able to ping the PIX - I disabled the firewall and made sure the network location of the HV server is set properly. From the PIX if I try to ping the HV server it fails but I can do a sh arp and the MAC address of the HV server is there. I can ping the HV server from any other device connected to the Gig SW. I can not ping the CE500 from the HV server but I do see the HV server MAC address in the MAC table of the CE500 SW. I tried plugging the HV server into G1 on the CE500 and same thing - the MAC shows up on the correct port but no traffic seems to pass. I have had issues with this switch in the past where a printer would not communicate between the Gig ports and the FE ports - I moved the printer to the Gig switch and made all the users print via print server and forgot about it. Now it's a problem again.

Attached is the config

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

2 Replies 2

tomparham
Level 1
Level 1

Port FE2 is the PIX not FE1

tomparham
Level 1
Level 1

Update - If i connect the Hyper-V server into an FE port configured as a desktop I can get to the PIX as well as the servers on the Gig SW. Problem I see is (besides the fact I will now be running at 100M instead of Gig) with Hyper-V running virtual machines I need to allow more than one MAC address. I set the FE port from desktop to switch and lost connection. Yes I waited for it to renegotiate. I set it to other and was able to maintain a connection. I started a virtual server and it was able to access all the network resources. I just wish I could run it on the Gig switch.

Thanks,

Tom

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card