cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Cisco 881 Image from Data to CUBE

yavuzsab
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,  Not sure which technology forum I would should of addressed this query to.  My customer has purchased the standard Cisco 881 (Data) ISR router and now requires (Voice) CUBE services for the support of IP-IP gateway SIP services.  I noticed there is multiple models for the Cisco 881 such as the SEC/3G & SRST :-(  Wondering if I could get some assistance from your experts on finding a way to change the Universal image from Data to Voice to support CUBE if possible. Just want to try and eliminate purchasing new Cisco 881 with Universal image for Voice.  Thank you for your help.  Regards, Yavuz

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi.

It appear that the 881 is not capable of running an image with CUBE capabilities.

Have a look at this link for a list of Cisco devices that support it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_configuration_example09186a00808ead0f.shtml

HTH

Hello, Thanks for your response.  Under the Cisco 880 Data sheet it mentions it supports CUBE.   However I think i need to purchase a license to make this Cisco 881 as CUBE router, but I want a way to possibly convert without purchasing software or license.  Let me know if possible.  Thank you, Yavuz

Hi,

Thanks for the link.  So, does your router come with CUBE module already?

C888E-CUBE-K9

Cisco 888E G.SHDSL Router with 802.3ah EFM Support and integrated CUBE licenses

It seems as you need advanced IP services to run CUBE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card