cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Channelized T1 and Clear Channel T1

grandiosepig
Level 1
Level 1

Need to Understand Difference between Channelized T1 and clear channel T1.

We are trying to bring up a circuit, we have 8 port channelized t1 card (SPA-8XCHT1/E1) installed on ASR 1006.  We check the physical circuit by loop testing and everything seems to be fine.

Now the only difference is Telco says its a clear channel T1 with b9zs/esf, but we have channelized T1 card, I have bundled all available DS0 (64 Kbps) in one channel group, So i beleive we are using all 64k x 24 Channels for pure data circuit bundle together. But we are still not able to bring up the circuit, am I missing something here.

controller T1 1/3/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

cablelength long 0db

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

!

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You posted the config of the controller, which looks fine, but have you configured the actual port that connects to the provider? Can you post that?

I found this:

http://www.infocellar.com/networks/t1-t3.htm/channelized.htm

It doesn't seem like channelized is any different that any other circuit. My original post was an incorrect assumption...

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

When you run sh contr t1 1/3/0 do you see any alarms? Have you configured the serial interface yet?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card