Views
Helpful
Replies

Channels on NM-8CE1T1-PRI on Cisco 3845 Router

Arun Seetha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a query regarding NM-8CE1T1-PRI card installed on Cisco 3845 router.

Data sheet states that maximum 128 channels can be used by this card on this router. Ideally it should support 8*32=256 channels.

Can't I use 256 channels so that I can termnate 8 links each of 2 Mbps links on this card.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

[edited]

Arun Seetha
Level 1
Level 1

Does this mean that maximum 16 channel-groups can be configured including all 8 ports; where any Channel-group can have any number of actual DS0-64 Kbps channales.

So in this case, say we need 256 Kbps then we will bind 4 DS0 64-kbps channels in one Channel-group; and still Cisco 3845 will allow us to create 15 more Channel-groups.

I have been reading the data sheet again, and it clearly refers to D0s total number.

Seems like you cannot use this card for 8 circuits at 2 Mbps on a 3845.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hi. Good afternoon.

So a Cisco 3845, with FOUR HWIC-2CE1T1-PRI (64 x 2 = 256 channels) and ONE NM-8CE1T1-PRI (128 channels), will support a total of 384 channels? The 3945 however will support a total of 512?

Whre 512Kbps links are required, binding eight channels per group results in only three channel groups per E1 port, leaving six unused channels.  Is this correct?

I recommend you contact you local cisco sales office for confirmation, because this kind of limitation is quite strange and not found on other products.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card